Reverse mortgages are home equity loans sold to homeowners 62 and older. With a reverse mortgage, you borrow against the equity in your home.
Many homeowners have questions about reverse mortgages. The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau has put together a helpful consumer guide to reverse mortgages that you should check out.
In the consumer guide learn more about:
- What a reverse mortgage is
- How a reverse mortgage works
- Important questions to ask yourself
- Alternatives to a reverse mortgage
- And information about reverse mortgage counseling