NCPW is a coordinated campaign that encourages consumers nationwide to take full advantage of their consumer rights and make better-informed decisions. NCPW 2013 will take place March 3 through March 9, 2013.
The NCPW website is a great resource for information and resources on how you can protect yourself from fraud and make informed financial decisions. Visit the website at www.ncpw.gov.
The State of Washington also has great resources and consumer protection information you should check out.
- Attorney General’s Office – General consumer protection issues
- Department of Financial Institutions – Issues dealing with financial products and service providers.
- Insurance Commissioner – Issues dealing insurance companies and agents.
- Utilities and Transportation Commission – Issues dealing with utility and transportation companies.
- Department of Revenue – Issues regarding taxes.
- Department of Licensing – For issues regarding other licensed business professionals.